The divecenter.hu and the divingiscool.com and their partner, Cassiopeiasafari proudly announced a Red Sea underwater shootout competition. The photographers spent a week on the Cassiopeia liveaboard boat at 21-28. July 2013. The competitors have to submit a 5 pictures collecion to the DSLR or Compact categories. The awards: Best portfolio, Best photo of the contest, Best compact photo. We also announce a public voting to choose the favorite photos of the members of our websites.
The DC-RSBH shootout contest is a traditional underwater photo competition, it was organized in 2010
, so this is the 4th Red Sea shootout organized by us. This year 18 photographers participated in the contest, who can submit their best 5 images to the contest.
The entrants must submit underwater photos (split images are allowed if at least 51% of the photo is under water), JPEG images only, at least 1200 pixels on widest side.
Allowed image manipulations:
- Adjustments applied to the whole image: color temperature, brightness, contrast, sharpening, saturation, tonal or color balance adjustments (conversion to grayscale is allowed)
- Limited removal of backscatter
- Removing, inserting or cloning objects, pasting from other images
- Adding graphic elements (watermark, signature, frame etc.)
Only photos were taken during the trip are eligible to submit.
Submission deadline: 15 August 2013
- The best portfolio
- The best photo of the contest
- The best photo taken with a compact camera
- Winner of the public voting
The members of the jury: Előd László, Selmeczi Dániel and Tökölyi Csaba.